Girls' Brigade is a uniformed organisation. We choose to wear uniform because:
- It encourages a sense of belonging
- It promotes equality
- It sets us apart as members of a Christian organisation
Currently each section in Girls' Brigade Northern Ireland have 2 Official uniforms - one for general company nights and a second ceremonial uniform worn on special occasions such as enrolment services. All items of official GB uniform are available to purchase from our online shop www.gbnishop.co.uk. By purchasing from GBNI you are supporting the ongoing work of the organisation.
General Uniform Guidelines
- Hair should be neat and tidy, clear of the collar.
- Long hair should be tied back neatly.
- No medals or jewellery may be worn, with the exception of wedding/engagement rings.
- Wrist watches may be worn with ceremonial uniform.
- At no time are other brooches, awards or medals to be worn.
- Mufti badges are not worn with uniform.
- Only 1 attendance award may be worn.
- Armband is worn on left arm.
Companies can decide whether members should wear ceremonial uniform each week or the more informal company night uniform. Details of ceremonial and company night uniforms for each section may be found by clicking on the relevant links below:
It should be noted that what is listed under each section for uniform on these pages is the official prescribed uniform; there may be slight local variations. Parents should always check with the local leader before purchasing uniform items. Please note GB tunics and white gym slippers are no longer company night uniform for Seniors and Brigaders and should only be worn by these age groups when doing GB PE.