This is the most senior section in GB. Brigaders get a say in choosing what they want to do at GB. Brigader girls like catching up with friends at GB, and getting away from coursework, mock exams, parents, siblings, clothes, make-up..and boys! Lifelong friends are made in GB, which gives girls an opportunity to chat about their concerns with friends and leaders who are really interested. GB is a safe place for girls to be girls with no pressure on looks, ability, background etc.
Activities may differ from company to company but here's the kind of thing many Brigaders get involved in at GB:
- Discover the relevance of God and His word, the Bible, through modern relevant, interactive Bible teaching;
- Hang out with friends away from school, parents, boys, exams, course work;
- Develop leadership skills - help with the younger sections;
- Body image issues, developing self esteem and knowing about keeping fit, healthy eating and feeling good;
- Camp and outdoor pursuits, including The Duke of Edinburgh's Award;
- Environmental projects, community service, home and overseas missions;
- Practical life skills ie. DIY, first aid, cooking, car maintenance etc;
- Arts and craft
- Football, volleyball, netball, badminton, unihoc, swimming, running, gymnastics etc; and
- Modern dance, drama and performance skills.
Girls in the Brigader section work towards attaining their Brigader Brooch. The Brigader Brooch is attained after a minimum of three years, after a girl has been awarded her three Brigader Triangles.
Find out more
In Girls' Brigade we wear uniform because it enables equality and promotes a sense of belonging - all the girls look the same irrespective of background.
All items of uniform may be purchased from our walk in shop at GBHQ. Uniform can also be ordered from our online shop.
To find your nearest GB company, click on the Find a Company section on the bottom of this page.